Overview of Strategy
To champion the connection of needed community resources with schools to help young people successfully learn, stay in school, and prepare for life.
Every child in Spokane County graduates from high school prepared for future education, work and life.
Communitiesin Schools (CIS) is the nation's largest dropout prevention organization. CIS of Spokane County is a local affiliate founded in 2007. We connect local resources to students in need; from food for the weekend and after-school programs to mentors.
In Spokane County, 1 in 3 students do not graduate hight school on time. This document explains our strategy to help our local youth graduate on time a prepared for life.
- Collaboration: we promote inclusive dialogue to ensure the sustainable involment and commitment of all stakeholders.
- Dedication: we expect personal investment at the highest level.
- Innovation: we encourage bold creative solutions to meet current and emerging needs of youth and community.
- Outcomes for Youth: we use resources efficiently and effectively to achieve, measure and report desired outcomes for youth.
- Respect: we recognize and respet the individual needs and concerns of the community that we serve and those who support us.
- Integrety: we act with integrety in everything we do to engender the community's trust.
CISSC Support Focus:
- Basic Needs - Food, Health Care referrals, on-site dental care.
- Academic Support - Homework help centers at each side 4 days per week.
- Business Involment - Career focus weeks with workplace tours.
- Parental Involvement - Literacy nights, family nights and research-based Strengthening Families Program.
- After School Programming - Enrichement programs offered by partners 4 days per week.
Key Tactics We Will Use to Realize Our Values
- CISSC creates relationships wiht businesses. This will lead to children better prepared for the workforce.
- CISSC will partner with community organizations that represent a wide swath of society. This inclusive collaboration will allow for organizational growth.
- CISSC is dedicated to developing a diversified funding stream. This includes funing stream. This includes funding from individuals, businesses, government, schools, in-kind donations and public and private foundations.
- CISSC is dedicated to expanding our services to serve children efficiently and expansively.
- CISSC is innovative, we receive a third of our revenue from in-kind donations
- CISSC is an outcome based-solutions. We utilize a nationwide tracking system to guarantee that each child receives the right services and the right time.
Outcomes for Youth.
- CISSCis committed to continue deep relationships wth each schools. CIS will ensure that each school has an assessment and plan before moving forward with service delivery.
- CISSC will ensure that the number of students receiving interventions each year will increase.
- CISSC will work to increase attendance, increase grades, increase graduation rates are decrease behavioral interventions with the students that we serve.
- CISSC respects students, educators and parents by providing best-practices programs to students in the schools.
- CISSC will show respect to it partners by developing community recognition and participation programs.
- CISSC will utilize reliable data in the work we do while education the community about dropout rates and the work that CIS does in the community.
Our Partners in the Community:
Cheney Middle School contact Ken Jones, [email protected]
Communities in Schools of Spokane County Sherry Barrett @ [email protected]