PE Dress Code & Other Requirements
In PE, beginning the 2017-2018 school year, we will not be requiring the purchase of a school uniform. We will, however, be operating under a PE Dress Code. This dress code requires that students provide the following:
- Top - Grey, rounded crew neck shirt
- Bottom - Black, loose fitting athletic shorts (non-spandex). Length must meet school dress code.
- All clothing must not be altered.
- Clothing must be provided by families.
- There will be the option to purchase a CMS uniform through the main office, but this is not a required purchase.
Research shows that students who wear uniforms in a fitness class feel unified, accepted, happier and work harder. Students can purchase prior year uniforms in the CMS business office. Uniforms cost $15.00 and include a cotton T-shirt and mesh shorts. Sizes come in adult small, medium, large, extra large, double and triple extra large.
All clothing should be marked with student names when purchased. No other alterations to the clothing are accepted. Students are expected to have athletic shoes that lace tightly on their feet. Slip on shoe styles are not accceptable. Having the appropriate clothing every day is a student's responsibility. It's just like having your books and binder for your other classes.